"Seize the idea, the words will come."

- Marcus Porcius Cato (95-46 B.C.)

About Me

My photo
Waukesha, WI, United States

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Take His Wife...Please.

Sometimes they make you giggle. Sometimes they make you groan, or maybe just roll your eyes and smile. But the good ones always do something. Of all forms of humor my favorite would have to be the one-liner.  And the self-declared king of the one-liners was comedian Henny Youngman.
A small sampling of his work:

"Last night my wife said the weather was fit for neither man nor beast. So we both stayed home."

"Does my wife talk? Last year I had laryngitis for three weeks and I didn't even know it."

"My wife has a very sad parrot.  He's never had a chance."

"I miss my wife's cooking - every chance I get."

"She has the only kitchen in the world where we put out dental floss so the roaches can hang themselves."

"In the mornings we make breakfast together.  She makes the toast and I scrape it."

"After our honeymoon I felt like a new man. My wife said she did too."

There, see what I mean?

No comments:

Post a Comment